Dragonfly Crossing | Mini Camp Day
Time & Location
About the Event
The Great Tree at the center of the forest is has watched over the creatures of the woods for hundreds of years, but now it needs your help to save the forest. You and your group of brave adventurers must complete challenges such as crafting potions, building a shelter, collecting artifacts, and more all while defending against the monster lurking in the woods.
This drop off program is suitable for kids ages 6-12. Drop off begins at 8am and pickup is at 1pm.
Campers will do the following:
- Learn bushcraft skills, such as building a shelter, collecting firewood, etc.
- Make friends and learn teamwork
- Think about human impacts to the environment
- Use observation skills to find clues
- Engage in exciting imaginative play
- Explore the woods in a fun, safe environment
This camp is led by a Florida Master Naturalist. There is a maximum Adult to student ratio of 1:10.
Campers will get dirty, muddy, sticky, and have a blast.
What to Bring:
Due to the active nature of this program, we suggest you send your child dressed in athletic clothing appropriate for the weather. Children may bring sunscreen and insect repellent but must be able to reapply with staff supervision. Spray or mist sunscreen and/or insect repellent are recommended. Please send your camper with the following:
- Water bottle
- Bagged lunch (snacks will be provided)
- Closed toed shoes
- Change of clothes
- Any medication (to be checked in with Lizzy)
Tillie K. Fowler Preserve
7000 Roosevelt Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32244, USA
When you enter the park, follow the road all the way to the very back. Before you go around the loop, you will see Lizzy on the right at the picnic area. Please park to sign your child in.
Jax Dragonfly Academy Staff are not permitted to administer medication to program participants. In the event of a medical emergency, staff will administer first aid, CPR, and rescue in the best interest of the child. Parents will be contacted if care is administered. Allergy medications may be administered if directed in writing by the child’s parent/guardian. Parents and guardians are required to inform the Jax Dragonfly Academy in writing of any allergies of medical concerns prior to the start of camp.
Parents and guardians are required to inform the Jax Dragonfly Academy in writing of any special circumstances which may affect the child’s ability to participate fully and within the guidelines of acceptable behavior, including, but not limited to, any serious behavioral problems or special circumstances regarding psychological, medical, or physical conditions. These will be handled on a case by case basis.
Please put the child’s name on all articles of clothing, snack bags, bags, etc. Children should not bring toys, mobile phones, electronic devices, jewelry, money, or any possession of value with them to any of the programs, with the exception of required items. Children will be responsible for their belongings.
Children should dress appropriately for the activities scheduled. Jax Dragonfly Academy recommends athletic clothing, and some type of athletic shoe or sneaker in order to participate in recreational activities. Jax Dragonfly Academy recommends an umbrella or jacket for rainy days, as we will still be outside. Shirts should have a minimum of 1” wide shoulder straps. Clothing that displays drugs, alcohol, tobacco, offensive language, excessive bagginess, or is excessively revealing will not be permitted.
Behavior Management/Discipline Policy:
Jax Dragonfly Academy staff will create a fun and safe environment for participants in the program. Praise and positive reinforcement are used as effective methods of behavior management. Children who do not respond to these methods or who are destructive to others or to property will be dealt with in a professional, positive, and timely manner to correct the behavior. The following procedures will be followed for behavior management. All incident reports will be discussed privately with parents/guardians and a copy of each report will be kept on file.
1. In the event a child’s behavior is a repeated behavior and cannot be corrected by the Jax Dragonfly Academy Staff with a verbal warning or other form of behavior modification, a first incident report will be written to document and correct behavior. A copy of the report will be given to the parent/guardian the same day as the incident.
2. A second incident report will be written if the behavior is repeated or new behavior problems occur with the same child. This report will follow the same process as the first, but a one or two-day suspension could accompany this report, and no refund will be provided for suspended days. A copy of the report will be given to the parent/guardian the same day as the second incident.
3. A third incident report will be completed using the same process as the first two. The Jax Dragonfly Academy staff will write this report. Staff will provide this report to the parent/guardian. Incident reports will be discussed privately with a parent/guardian by a Jax Dragonfly Academy staff and Director. Dismissal from a program can occur at this time. NOTE: Immediate dismissal from the program can occur at any time given severe circumstances. Refunds for missed days due to a discipline dismissal will not be granted.
After registration, you will recieve a confirmation email with a link to view details. Please save this for your records.
- Sold OutStudent Age 6-12$30+$0.75 Service fee$30+$0.75 Service fee0$0