Nature Detectives: Eco Camp
Time & Location
About the event
Do something wild this Winter Break! Join us for an immersive nature camp that gets kids outside and learning about the environment in a fun, safe way. Led by a Florida Master Naturalist, your kids will experience a true wild education.
- Go exploring for animals in the forest
- Search for sharks teeth along the beach
- Learn how to create and cook with a fire
- Learn basic survival skills, like finding water or building a shelter
- Sleep in a tent under the stars
- Create crafts and a nature journal of the vibrant Florida landscape
- Visit a historic Fort and learn about the culture of the early Floridians
- Make friends, sing songs, and have fun!
Drop-off: Drop off will be at 8am at Fort Clinch Amelia River Campground. After registration you will be given the Campsite number. Please provide this at the gate to enter the park. If you will be staying to explore the park, you will be required to pay the day fee, which is $6 per vehicle. Follow the directions given to the campground to sign in your child.
Please send your camper with a backpack that includes the following:
- Change of clothes
- Water bottle
- Sunscreen (we will also have sunscreen available)
- Bagged lunch (snacks will be provided)
Pick-up: Pickup begins at 4:30pm. You MUST pickup your child before 5pm, as the park gates close at this time. When you arrive for pickup, please provide the front staff with the campsite number so you do not have to pay to enter the park.
Allergies/Medications: Please inform JDA in writing of any allergies or medications that your child needs during the camp. Your child must be able to administer medication to themselves. JDA staff is not able to provide or administer any medication to your child. All medication, including anti-hystamines, pain relievers, etc. must be labeled with your child's name in a plastic bag and checked in with a JDA staff member upon arrival.
Special Circumstances: Parents and guardians are required to inform the Jax Dragonfly Academy in writing of any special circumstances which may affect the child’s ability to participate fully and within the guidelines of acceptable behavior, including, but not limited to, any serious behavioral problems or special circumstances regarding psychological, medical, or physical conditions.
After registration you will be given a full list of what to bring, and what to expect. Parents are welcome to stop by at anytime during the camp. If you are a parent and wish to be a chaperone, please contact us for further details, as a daily fee will be applied.
- Sold OutEco Camper$40+$1 Service fee$40+$1 Service fee0$0
- Sold OutEco Camper + 3 Classes$70+$1.75 Service fee$70+$1.75 Service fee0$0
- Sold OutEco Camper + 6 Classes$99+$2.48 Service fee$99+$2.48 Service fee0$0