Walk & Whittle | 12/9 | CC
Time & Location
About the event
**READ BEFORE EVENT**
14780 Mandarin Rd, Jacksonville, FL 32223
Follow the road and park at the end. We will meet at the picnic area near the playground.
Join Jax Dragonfly Academy as we learn how to safely use knives! We will whittle a walking stick or "forest poker" and then take it for a hike.
- Learning how to safely use a knife or wood peeler
- Learning how and why to whittle
- Creating a walking stick or a "forest poker" (a stick good for poking into things during a hike)
- Go on a hike to explore the forest and appreciate the many trees and plants that make wood
Who is this for?
This program is appropriate for kids Ages 5-17. Each ticket purchased is for a program participant. If your child is able to grip a pencil, they can grip a blade. I have taught kids as young as 4 how to whittle using a wood peeler(vegetable peeler). As long as it is done safely, using a blade can give kids a sense of independence and responsibility, as well as to help train motor skills and focus and calm the mind.
This is not a drop off program. The length is approximately 60 minutes, but you may stay after the program to explore the park. Please wear bug spray and closed toed shoes for walking.
What to Bring
Bugspray, Water bottle
**NOTE: You will receive an email confirmation from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please check your spam folder as you will also recieve a reminder before the event.
- Student Age 5-17$12+$0.30 Service fee$12+$0.30 Service fee0$0